Politics

European Nations Move to Reimpose Snapback Sanctions on Iran’s Nuclear Program

Welcome again to World Brief, where we are looking for penalties on IranNuclear activities, Hong Kong The conclusion of the historic national security trial, accusations Israel Creating genocide in Gaza.


T-MINUS 30 days

E3-France, Germany and the United Kingdom-began the operation on Thursday to re-impose the so-called Snapback sanctions on Iran. According to ministers abroad for countries, Tehran violates the joint comprehensive action plan, which is the 2015 agreement that restricts its nuclear activities.

Welcome again to World Brief, where we are looking for penalties on IranNuclear activities, Hong Kong The conclusion of the historic national security trial, accusations Israel Creating genocide in Gaza.


T-MINUS 30 days

E3-France, Germany and the United Kingdom-began the operation on Thursday to re-impose the so-called Snapback sanctions on Iran. According to ministers abroad for countries, Tehran violates the joint comprehensive action plan, which is the 2015 agreement that restricts its nuclear activities.

The ministers wrote in a joint statement, “Not complying with Iran” is clear and deliberate.

E3 countries offered a six -month comment on the possibility of restoring sanctions for three privileges: Iran must resume direct nuclear talks with the United States, and provide the International Atomic Agency (or the international story) with full access to its nuclear sites. He owns.

“This procedure does not indicate the end of diplomacy,” French Foreign Minister Jean -Noel Barrot posted on X. “[W]E is determined to make the most of the 30 -day period that is now opening to participate in a dialogue with Iran. “

The United States also celebrated the movement of Europe as an opportunity for more negotiations. “Snapback does not contradict our serious readiness for diplomacy, it only enhances it,” said US Secretary of State Marco Rubio. US President Donald Trump withdrew the United States from the 2015 nuclear deal during his first term in 2018.

Iran condemned the threat of European sanctions on Thursday that it is “unjustified and illegal and lacks any legal basis.” “Iran will respond appropriately to this illegal and unjustified procedure.” Iran has previously warned that if Snapback sanctions have been restored, the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty (NPT), a separate agreement aimed at preventing the spread of nuclear weapons; Leaving NPT requires a three -month previous notice.

France, Germany and the United Kingdom first warned Iran that Snapback sanctions on August 8, after Tehran suspended cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency after the 12 -day war with Israel in June. On Wednesday, Iran offered a small concession to Europe’s terms, allowing the International Atomic Energy Agency to send a team of inspectors to the Bushehr nuclear power plant.

However, experts warn that Iran is unlikely to give up all E3 demands, especially since Tehran confirms that its nuclear program is only for civil purposes. If Snapback sanctions come into effect, they will once again freeze Iranian assets abroad, calm Global Arms with Iran, and are punished for developing a ballistic missile program.

Such measures are also possible to pressure the country’s faltering economy. With sansions back in place, the world will “Conclude that IRAN is a pariah state for the Foreseeable Future,” Ali Vaez, The Iraan Project Director at the International CRISIS GROUP, Told FP’s Keith Johnson. Indeed, the news of the sanctions at E3 Snapback fell to the Iranian RIAL to its lowest level in the record on Thursday, and traded more than a million dollars to the US dollar.


More read today


What we are following

Historical experience. The Hong Kong trial of the pro -democracy activist Jimmy Lay concluded on Thursday. It is expected that the judges who chose the government will take several months to present their ruling, although all cases related to the Hong Kong National Security law in Hong Kong are convicted. However, the question is not whether Lai will be condemned, but whether Beijing decides that it is better to imprison or release the media.

Own for any popular newspaper Apple dailyOne of the few leaflets in Hong Kong ready to criticize the Chinese government. In 2020, he was charged with two accusations of conspiracy with foreign forces and a conspiracy to spread vibrant materials, all under the National Security Law, which was imposed in the aftermath of the widespread protests of the democracy that started in 2019. Lai has since become a symbol of Hong Kong’s programming on political exhibitions, specifically.

He argued that Lay was the “mastermind” behind the 2019 demonstrations. Lay keeps his innocence.

Collective annihilation accusations. A group of leading Palestinian human rights published a report on Thursday accused of Israel of committing genocide in Gaza. The 204 -page report concludes that the Israeli forces conducted four of the five prohibited actions under the genocide agreement of 1948, citing widespread evidence of Israeli actions since the war began in October 2023.

“No, even in 1948, Nakba, with brutal killings, forced displacement, uprooting, nor war in 1956 and the Israeli occupation of 1967 for the rest of its territory, and the Peninsula of the Sinai Peninsula, and the Golan Heights, can be compared, which is a way out, which he said, in order to oversee, which indicates the director. The report.

On Thursday, accusations come just one day by every United Nations Security Council member-who is one of the closest ally of Israel, the United States-until the famine in Gaza was a “human-made crisis”, adding that hunger as a war weapon is prohibited under international law. Last Friday, the world’s leading hunger screen officially confirmed that famine is taking place in Gaza City and its surrounding areas.

The first batch of deportees. Rwandan officials confirmed on Thursday that the United States transported seven migrants to Kigali in mid -August under the White House deportation policy. This month, Rwanda agreed to obtain up to 250 American deportees – which makes it one of four African countries to reach such a deal with Washington; The other three are my losers, southern Sudan and Uganda.

According to a spokesman for the Rwandan government, Yolandi McCulo, “Three individuals have expressed their desire to return to their countries of origin, while four want to stay and build lives in Rwanda.” She said that those who settle in Rwanda will receive residency and training on workforce and health care.

The Trump administration has been under pressure from rights activists due to deportation procedures, as experts warn that sending people to countries where they face the risk of torture, kidnapping or other violations that may violate international law. Rwandan Prime Minister Paul Kajami was accused of crushing the political opposition and breaking the free press. In November 2023, the UK Supreme Court ruled that Rwanda was not a third safe country for the private deportation plan in Britain, although the British Parliament ultimately canceled the court’s decision.


Difficulties end

If you read the World Summary yesterday, you know about the report of the Danish media, claiming that at least three American citizens are linked to Trump have carried out the secret impacts in Greenland. Late Wednesday, a White House official finally issued a response to the accusation. The CBS News official said by refusing to confirm whether this campaign is ongoing.

Don’t miss more hot News like this! Click here to discover the latest in Politics news!

2025-08-28 20:15:00

Related Articles

Back to top button